Team work spirit
Ability to carry half your weight
Not a party place
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Accommodation on our land (Tents or Palapa)
- Mattress (mostly foam 10 cm thick), bed sheets, pillow, mosquito net
- Unlimited drinkable water
- Basic food (rice, pasta, bread, beans, oil, coffee, sugar…)
We aren’t providing fruits and vegetables
Volunteers organise extra food and cook together
WHAT IS CURRENTLY ON THE LAND
- Electricity (not everywhere)
- Water tank 2500 L
- Gaz cooker + Basic tools to cook and eat
- Dry Toilets
- “La Pila” (mini pool 6m3)
- Barbecue (1/2 Barrel + grill)
SECURING YOUR VALUABLE ITEMS
(Passports, electronics, surfboards…)
We can store them in our house (200 meters from the land)
HOUSE OPENING HOURS
6 am – 7 am
11 am – 12:30 am
To be determined each day:
5 pm – 7:30 pm
SAVE WATER !
It is the most valuable resource we have!
It is supplied 2-3 hours one day out of two. We store it in a 2500 L water tank + in our “Pila” the 6m3 pool.
Keep water clean (do not wash your hands/clothes in the water storage).
ADVICES TO VOLUNTEERS
What should you bring in your bag?
- FIRST AID KIT (Mosquito repellant, ibuprofen, desinfectant…)
- Shoes to work (It’s not convenient and dangerous to work on the ground in flip flops)
- CASH (there is NO ATM MACHINE)
- Towel, swimming suits…
- Earplugs (the early morning is pretty loud with animals and the 5-6-7 AM bus)
- GIRLS: stock up on hygiene products in advance. (Nicaragua doesn’t import tampons anymore)
There is 4 mini markets called “Pulperias” where you can find some basic things.
ATM, Supermarkets are located 40 km from the place (Managua or Leon)…
Buy everything you fancy/need in advance.
There is a health center called “Centro de salud” where you find a nurse and sometimes a doctor.
The closest hospital is in Managua.
The PALAPA HOSTEL SPIRIT
SMILE! You are travelling!
We start working early in the morning when it’s not hot outside.
If for some reason you can’t make it to work, please do let us know ASAP.
Feel free to ask questions!
Be mindful of the place, we are working very hard to grow our plants!
Collect your trash/ waste in the bin.
Be careful with fire!
In dry climate, wind can create a dangerous situation.